Saturday, March 26, 2016

Mini Art Journal



Hey guys!

Today's project is a Mini Art Journal!! I love art journaling!!! I have been doing it for almost two years now... One of the first "pages" I saw on YouTube was Jenn's... She is Mixed Media Jenn on YouTube. So, she has just finished her mini art journal series and she made a flip through video. That video really inspired me to try my own mini art journal. Jenn uses a small Moleskine, but I decided to make my journal. I mainly used primed canvas for the cover and watercolor paper for the signatures. My journal's final size is 5 1/2'' x 4'' and I just loved how it turned out!!
Here is a link to Jenn's channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/jenniferengle22

Well, I started by choosing my paper, cutting and folding it create my signatures:




And I used a piece of primed canvas sheet for the cover:



Now on to decorating the cover... I started by using craft paint for the background and adhering a napkin to the cover with matte medium. I also used stamp, gold paint, stencil and gold embossing paste. Here is a video on how I made the cover:



Here are a few close ups of the cover:



On this second part, I attach my signatures to my cover and finish it by adding a couple of accents to the front. Here is the video:



Off camera I glued the first and last pages of the journal on the cover itself, with that I made sure my ribbon doesn't get loose and added a little butterfly to the front.

The products that I used for this project:

-Primed canvas sheet
-Craft paint Ceramcoat in Flesh, Toffee Brown and Orange soda
-Decorative Napkin
-Liquitex Matte Medium
-Tim Holtz Reflection stamp set
-GOLDEN Iridescent gold acrylic paint
-a metal butterfly from my local craft shop
-Tim Holtz quotes band
-needle and thread
-eyelets
-satin ribbon


Challenges linked to this project:

Simom says Satmp - Wednesday Challenge Blog - http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/


Thanks for passing by!












10 comments:

  1. poppies- my favorite flower...gorgeous book!! Your art is all so wonderful!
    Thanks for your comment on one of my posts-so glad to have found you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Linda!!! I am so glad you liked it... Thanks for passing by and leaving a comment... I will keep an eye on your posts from now on!

      Delete
  2. They turned out SO beautiful! I love that bird book! ...but then again, you know I'm crazy about birds! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, Mel! I know... I am too! Thanks for passing a leaving a comment!

      Delete
  3. Your journal turned out beautiful! Thanks for showing us how it all came together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful journalling book.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really lovely journal...I just love the cover with those gorgeous poppies and the gold embossing...fabulous.
    Thank you for joining us over at Altered Eclectics...x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful journal, the cover is beautiful, thank you for sharing it with us at Altered Eclectics.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete