Tuesday, July 28, 2015

SSS Monday Challenge: No ordinary paper


Hey guys!

This art journal page is my entry for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog. This week's theme over there is "No Ordinary Paper". The design team works are awesome and so inspiring! I decided to use corrugated cardboard as my no ordinary paper! 

I started my page by gluing down a large piece of Tim Holtz's Melange Tisue Wrap and cover it with Adirondack Acrylic Paint Daubers in Clove and Salt Boat Blue, I blended with a baby wipe. Once that was dry I could focus on my bird cage.


I torn some pieces of patterned cardstock, gathered some ephemera and a piece of corrugated cardboard that was lying on my work table for a very long time :D. I distressed everything by tearing up the edges and inking with Distress Ink in Walnut Stain. I cut the bird cage out of plain white cardborad using Tim Holtz's Bird cage die. I painted it with various colors of Lumiere by Jacquard and arranged everything this way.



Once that was down, I could focus on my sentiment. I new I wanted to do something related to freedom. For that, I chose the CHERISH word card from Tim Holtz's Ideology Flash cards, distressed it and stamped the word FREEDOM with my Stampedeous Alphabet Stamps.

The butterflies came from a set I bought a long time ago in the art shop. I really like how the were so I didn't change anything about them.


My bird came flying breaking out of that cage! I stamped it with clear embossing ink and embossed with black embossed powder by Ranger. I had to fussy cut it and glue it down to my page.

To finish my page, I added a few white spots using modeling paste through a stencil here and there. And that is it!

I loved how my page turned out...

I hope you guys like it!

Art on!



5 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this beautiful card. I would like to warmly invite you to share your amazing art with us at Word Art Wednesday, We'd enjoy having you play along, if you can, and have you share your talents with us. It would be a huge blessing to me and I really hope you will join us. We offer awesome prizes each week in our Anything Goes challenges. You can find us here:
    Word Art Wednesday
    http://www.cropstop.com/blog/uncategorized/linky-party-6-anything-goes/

    Blessings,
    Karen Letchworth, Blog Owner
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the invitation! I will certainly be there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pages! The corrugated helps makes that cage a focal point. Wonderfully done! Thank you for sharing your journal with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the comment, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your lovely journal spread shows much mixed media ingenuity and talent.

    ReplyDelete