Monday, July 13, 2015

Fly High Art journal Page


Hey guys!

I hope you guys are having a great week with plenty of art around you... This art journal page has been in my mind for quite some time, but I just didn't know how I was going to put it all together. Today I said: "Ok, let's do this! It can't be that hard..."

I started by gluing small pieces of scrap tissue paper (Melange Tissue Wrap from Tim Holtz) on my page. I opted for not using gesso this time, so I went straight to the paint. For the back ground, I used two colors of Silks Acrylic glaze. I love these paints, they have a bit of shimmer in them. I wish I had all of them! Once my paint was dry, I could focus on my vintage hot air balloons!

The hot air balloon was a free printable image from The graphics Fairy. There you can find hundred of printable images for your personal use. I edited the same image into different sizes, so when I glued in my page, it would give the impression of some of them being closer and other farther away. When everything was edited and I had the number of images I wanted, I colored them with my Copic Markers and cut the all (hard work with the small ones!); and finally inked them around the edges using Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

For the sentiment, I stamped a quote from on of Tim Holtz stamp collections onto a manila cardstock using Black Soot Distress Ink and embossed using clear embossing powder, then I glued that onto a piece of fabric also from Tim Holtz. 

You can barely see on the photo, but I used a texture stamp too...

I had a great time with this one!

Thanks for passing by!

Art on!

No comments:

Post a Comment