Monday, July 13, 2015

Butterfly magic Tag

                                   

Hi, guys! I am not usually a tag person, but today I decided to give it a try... I can tell you now that they can be quite addictive! It's a small surface to work on and you have opportunities to always try something new, it also takes the responsibility in case you make something you don't like, you can just star over. The journal page, you often can't remove the page if you don't like it. 

For this art project, I started by cutting a tag shape out of manila cardstock and covered it with tissue paper (Melange Tissue Paper - Tim Holtz). Then, I used a bit of Distress Ink and set the tag on the side for a minute. 

I knew right away I wanted to use butterflies. So, I took the Butterfly stamp from the Blueprint collection from Tim Holtz and stamped it twice with Jet Black Archival Ink. When I had both images in my Bristol paper, I colored them with my Copic markers. I cut one of them to layer on top of the other to create a 3D effect. To finish up my focus image, I inked the edges and used some rustic thread.

Then, I knew something was missing and decided to put my Big Shot machine to use. I used Distress Ink in a piece of manila cardstock, and a script stamp... Then I put my Butterfly Frenzy Decorative Strip die from Tim Holtz through the machine with the inked manila cardstock. That gave me a bunch of butterflies from different sizes and shapes... In a real test of patience, I inked every single one of them with Distress Ink and glued them all around my tag.

For some funny reason, I thought the theme of butterflies went quite nicely with this magic quote I found in the Chit chat stickers book. One last detail was the typed token with the word "wonder" on the top of the tag.

I had loads of fun with this one!

I hope you guys like it!

Art on!


No comments:

Post a Comment