Friday, July 24, 2015

A Vintage Journey - Destinations


This month I am taking my first Vintage Journey and I had a great time! For this art journal page I mainly used Tim Holtz's products... The theme for this month is Destinations!

For the background I used different colors of Ranger paint. After everything was dry, I added a few stamps from different Tim Holtz's collections. I knew I wanted to add the Compass stamp and die set, because it's a new product for me. So, to achieve these results with the compass, I stamped it a few times and die cut parts of it and then I layered those part. I used my Copic Markers to color my image.


                  

For my sentiment I used Tim's remnant rubs, big chat and chit chat stickers. I outlined the stickers with a Stabilo black pencil and used a water brush over it. I really liked this effect. That is not a technique I use often, but I loved the results!


The globe on top of the page just brought the whole theme of Destinations together for me. It is a thinlit die and cuts this globe beautifully. I colored it with my Copic markers and inked with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.  

                    

To finish the page, I used remnant rubs all over and stamped the mini airplane. I really had a great time creating this art journal page! I hope you guys like it!

I am linking this art journal page to this month's challenge at A Vintage Journey.

Thanks for passing by,

Art on!



6 comments:

  1. Your art journal page is beautiful, so full of Tim Holtz goodness, wonderful colours and stamping - you have balanced the whole piece so beautifully! Thank you so much for joining our Destinations Challenge at A Vintage Journey. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Redanne, your comment means so much to me! Thanks for passing by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Completely love this Art!!! Thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you joined us for the AVJ Destination challenge - your pages are wonderful with all the travel stampings and die cuts - very creative and eye pleasing design! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete