Saturday, February 7, 2015

Journal 52 - Week 6: Windows



This week's spread took a little while to finish, just because I couldn't figure out what was missing. This morning, I finally found out what I wanted... It was the butterflies!

I used gesso to prep my pages. After that, I used 2 colors of Acrylics Silks, a yellow and an orange... (I cam't remember the name, gosh..), After I blended them, I used a tissue paper and tissue tapes by Tim Holtz. The window image is a stencil by Prima and I used lack gesso to create the silhouette. Printed and inked my sentiment... I just loved this free font I found online, the name is Mom's typewriter and here is the link if you want to have it too

http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/MomsTypewriter

And some instructions to install it... I needed it!

http://www.theshabbycreekcottage.com/2013/02/how-to-install-fonts-on-pc.html

The butterflies were quite easy... they are from a stamp set by 7gypsies. After I stamped them in watercolor paper, I used my favorite watercolor (Peerless)  to color them, then I used UTEE to give this shine

That was it for this spread!

Art on!

No comments:

Post a Comment