Sunday, January 25, 2015

Art projects - January week 3

Documented life project week 3

January's theme: the blank page and how to face it

Art challenge: color wheel
Prompt: "I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn’t say any other way . . . “    - Georgia O’Keeffe


In this page, I started by applying gesso. Then, I cut up stripes of cardstock and glued them on the center of my layout. The, I used SILKS acrylic paint and Quin, Nickel Azo gold, and made it drip. Once that was dry, I started working on my butterfly: First, I sketched it with a black Col-erase pencil in a mixed media sheet of paper, the, went over he whole butterfly with Faber-Castell Pitt pens with different nibs. And to finish my butterfly, I used watercolor paints in rainbow order and added white to make some highlights. I, then typed and printed the quote, distressed it a little bit and added a paper doily. To finish my page, I uesd distress ink in black soot through a stencil.




JKIS - week 3 - Goddess


This one took me a while to finish, because I had to draw the mermaid, but it was totally worth it in the end. I used Tim Holtz's tissue paper in the background and gessoed over it. I sketched my mermaid using a black Col-erase pencil. To color it, I used Caran D'ache Neo Color II and Derwent Soft Core pencils, I finished the details with Verithin pencils and Micca flakes by Golden. In the background I used Caran D'ache Neo Color II again in 3 shades of blue. Then I used a text stamp and Blue Memento ink through a swirl stencil. To finish, I wrote my little sentiment.



Journal 52 week 3 - conversation starters


Okay so this one deserves an explanation... My husband works offshore in a 28x28 days rotation, which means he works for 28 days and stays home for 28 days). Since we were dating we had this thing when we hang up the phone. He would say: "I love you, Choco." ( as in chocolate because of the color of my skin) And I would say: "I love you more, baby..." And he would reply: "I love you morer!". That's why I chose that sentence. We still do that... It's kind of our thing... Phone calls, emails or even when he is jut going out...
I had a great time on this page... I would probably change a thing or two, but I will stick to it.



Life book 2015 week 3 - courage dear heart




Donna Downey's artist gang - Jan 13, 2015 

Artist: Donna Downey



That's it, guys!
Art on1






No comments:

Post a Comment