Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Art projects - January week 2


So for week 2 I had a great time with all my projects... Being involved with so much art is pushing me to find out my limits, helping me discover what challenges me and what makes me grow in my art and I am loving it all!

Documented Life Project 

January theme: the blank page and how to face it
Art challenge: Gesso
Prompt: the beginning is always today


I used super heavy gesso through a stencil to create a resist when I used the Dylusions sprays. Then had my fun with my birds! They are the scribbly birds stamp by Dina Wakley.




Journaling Krazy Island Style (JKIS)

January Week 2 - Animals


I created my background with acrylic paint lime green and opaque yellow, sprayed black homemade spray ( 50% paint, 25% airbrush medium and 25% water) through an alphabet stencil. I made a bird mask and used to block the background when I used black gesso. And finally the sentiment was written in black and white paint pen as well as the border.




Life Book 

Week 2 - Tag


Pretty much the same technique as DLP. I just added modeling paste through a scribble stencil. Because I used Dylusions sprays, the modeling paste picked up the color. At the end I cut the butterfly and sentiment, and glued them to the tag.


Jornal 52 
Week 2 - Just be


I started this one by applying a coat of gesso and using acrylic paint in burnt umber and quin. Nickel azo gold. I used my homemade black spray paint through a damask stencil and used a alphabet stamp to finish the background. The sentiment is a stamp by Donna Downey that I distressed the edges and glued with some ephemera. To finish the page I used a few rub ons.



Inspiration Wednesday with Donna Downey


Great fun with Donna Downey!

That was it for my artsy week 2...

Art on!






3 comments:

  1. Hey girl! You've got so many great pages going. They are beautiful. I love the "Be free" page the most. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for passing by... I am so happy you like the "be Free" page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Art Newbie'???...hmmmm..I don't think so. Your art is wonderful. Keep up the good work!:)

    ReplyDelete